Can Computer Replace The Doctors?
The most interesting argument that has been going around for quite some time is whether computers can replace doctors? There have been many different viewpoints by the people across the world. Some believe that gradually computers will replace general physicians and some believe maybe the specialists will be replaced.
Even if we see the current scenario many of us search the therev online and research on our own about any disease even before making an appointment of the doctor sometimes. The easy availability of the information attracts us to the internet web search. But some may argue that this is not a good practice as there are various diseases which have same symptoms and only a meeting with doctor face to face can confirm about the true illness and the treatment for the same. Computers play an important role when medical field is concerned.
Role of computer in today’s medical line
If we see today’s scenario computers are already deep rooted in the medical field. The various advancements that happened over time which are quite noticeable are:
- First surgery that happened with the help of a robot was done in 1985, since then it has been quite popular.
- The popular surgery system is da Vinci Surgical System. In it there is three dimensional cameras which a surgeon can see from a screen, robotic arms are used to hold the instruments inside the patient’s body. It mimics the surgeon’s hand movements in smaller range inside the patient’s body so that the surgery can be done with smaller incisions.
- First all robot surgery happened in the year 2010 when doctor just pressed the buttons but was not handling the instruments.
- Computers are also being used to diagnose the illness. A common cervical cancer test that a woman undergoes every year, in this test slides are mostly checked by automated processes. It has great accuracy and is capable of detecting pre-cancerous lesions beforehand.
- Watson an IBM AI computer can also diagnose. It uses its suggestion-based learning and language competences to get a demand from the doctor and then extract the most latest medical data to decipher a treatment.
So even we can see computers or robots are making things easier and precise for the doctors. With further advancement of technology and more human like robots available the future of medical science can change drastically in https://therev.my/
We can never come to a decision whether computers can replace the doctors or not as there would always be need of feeling cared and getting connected to the doctor or physician which makes us at ease and helps with our treatment. You may argue that not every doctor is compassionate to talk to and we are going for treatment and not making friends but the need to connect is what makes us human. So there may come a time when we may be able connect to human like robots, which can make us feel comfortable and can be compassionate to talk to.